Last updated on May 20th, 2023 at 12:53 am
In this blog, we will talk about Connectivity Issues in family tree maker 2017. Please read the blog for some well-known issues that could stop your Family Tree maker 2017 from connecting to the internet. You will also learn steps to fix this issue. Please follow the steps as described below.
- Make sure you have not selected an option called “Go Offline”.
- Check the date and time of your computer.
- Firewall status (Your firewall should allow Family tree maker connection to the internet so it can have connectivity).
- Update your operating system so you will not be using an outdated system.
How do you set Family Tree Maker 2017 to go online?
- Click on Family Tree Maker 2017 to open family Tree maker software.
- Now click on the file tab to see a few options. Please see if it says, “Go Offline”.
- Go offline means your software is online. If it says Go Online, that means your software was offline. You can click on Go Online, and your software will be online.
- Going offline to online will fix your issue, so be sure your family tree is online.
Upgrading the operating system to fix Connectivity Issues in family tree maker2017
Click on the Apple logo to open the menu. You will find the Apple logo on the very top left corner of your computer screen. Once you click on it, you will see an option to click on software update. Please make sure to log in to your app store. If you are not logged in to the app store, you will not get the option to update your operating system.
Way to check firewall status
Once you click on the Apple logo, you will get options. Click on system preferences. You will see security and privacy. Please click and see if there are any changes made to your firewall. You may need an expert to help you with firewall settings.
Did you upgrade your Family Tree Maker 2017?
You need to check for the upgrade of your family tree maker 2017. If you have not upgraded, you should go to the upgrade centre and upgrade your software. Upgrading your software will fix your Connectivity Issues in the family tree, so please follow the steps.
If none of the steps fixes your issue, please chat or call our Family Tree Maker 2017 Experts. One of our technicians will guide you and fix your problem.