Last updated on August 2nd, 2022 at 07:02 am
The most common error is “Error Code 15: This request was blocked by the security rules.” This error indicates that the request the browser is attempting to initiate (i.e. accessing the site) is being denied by the security rules in place.
We investigated this issue by looking at various user reports and the repair strategies. We were able to find out, it was common scenarios which trigger this issue:
Cause for the Error code 15 – This request was blocked by the security rules
- Incorrect date and time – This issue can come up when the web server accesses the time & date settings. Affected users have reported that the issue was no longer occurring after they changed to the correct date on their computer systems.
- IP range is block – It could also be possible that the web server that you are trying to access has predefine rules about the location of the visitor IP. In this case, using a VPN solution should allow you to sidestep the issue.
- Third party Anti-Virus /security system – In few cases, your anti-virus may prevent you from accessing the ancestry.com website. As users have report, this issue can also be cause by an overprotective security suite. Users have reported that the site became accessible again after they disabled or uninstalled the third-party security suite.
If none of the above step work out to fix this error. And If you are currently looking for a way to fix the “Error Code 15: This request was block by the security rules”.
Error, the given steps may prove to help you with a collection of verified troubleshooting steps.
Below are those steps and repair strategies that other users in a similar situation have successfully used to get to the bottom of the issue.
To be more efficient, follow the methods in the order that they are present. You will eventually get a fix that is effective in your scenario.
This error also occurs in two scenarios:
Firstly, when multiple people with Ancestry account use the same computer and they do not sign out of their account when they are done using Ancestry.
Secondly, when you have multiple Ancestry accounts.
If you receive a message saying “You Are Not Authorize to Access This Page” after clicking a link from an email, make sure you are sign into the right Ancestry account.
To Fix the problem
- On Family Tree Maker, in the top-right corner you will see the icon for ancestry. Click on the icon to logout from ancestry account.
- Once you are sign out, click on the same icon again and Sign in.
- Enter your email address or username and your password and click Sign in.
View DNA results
To see your DNA results, you do not need to click a link from an email. If you are sign into an Ancestry account when you get the error message, sign out of that account, then sign into your account. Once you are in your account, click the DNA tab and select Your DNA Results Summary.
If Signing out / Sign in does not fix the error
If you sign out of the account and sign back in, and still receive the error after clicking on the email link, try clearing your cache and cookies.
After you clear the cache and cookies on your browser, sign into your Ancestry account again, then click on the link from the email again.
Multiple Ancestry accounts
If you have signed out of the account and you are in and cleared your cache and cookies, but you still receive the error after clicking the link in the email, you may have multiple Ancestry accounts.
Try signing out of your account and signing in using a different email address you may have used. If this does not work, give us a call on +1-888-299-3207 so we can check for the other problems and find out the ways to fix it.
Related Article :-