Last updated on January 6th, 2024 at 04:05 am
In Addition, We will discuss How to Share a Family Tree with your friends and family. They will need an Ancestry account. Need any help? Chat With our Experts Now!
Sharing a Family Tree
- Once signed into the ancestry account.
- Click the Trees tab on the top left and select a tree.
- Once the tree comes up on the screen.
- In the top-right corner of your tree, click Share.
- Share your tree via email, click Email or Username; to get a link you can share, click Shareable Link.
- You enter the recipient’s email address or username. The invitation will be delivered via email.
- If you get a shareable link, you will need to create a new invite link for each person you share your tree with.
- However, if You are sending an email, enter the recipient’s email address or username into the field. If you are sending a link, skip this step.
- Invite multiple people at once by clicking the green Add another email/user button.
- In the Role menu, choose which role you want the person to have.
Guests can view and add comments to a family tree. Guests cannot automatically view living people.
Contributors can view and add comments, photos, and stories to a family tree. They cannot remove content or edit existing tree content, and they cannot automatically view living people.
Editors can view and add people, records, comments, photos, and stories to a family tree. They can also remove and edit existing content. Editors can automatically view living people.
- If you are sending an email, click the Include a private message field on the right to add a message. If you are sending a link, click Create link.
- Email the invitation, and click Send Invites. If you are sending a link, click the Copy link.
- If you are sending an email, the recipient will receive an email with the subject “Come see our family tree on Ancestry.”
- Whether they click a button from the invitation email or click your link, if they have an Ancestry account and are logged in to it, the link in the invitation will take them to your tree.
- If they are not logged in to an account, the link will take them to a free account creation page.
- Once they accept your invitation, your tree will appear under the Trees menu in their account.
You can Contact our Family Tree Maker Support Number to get your issue resolved. We provide phone support 24×7. The Family Tree Maker Support number is +1-888-257-3335. So you can call for help.