Family Tree Maker 2017 Support help
Family Tree Maker 2017 support is a genealogy software. Genealogy (from Greek: γενεαλογία genealogy from γενεά genea, “generation” and λόγος logos, “knowledge”), also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history.
The software was originally developed by Kenneth Hess of Banner Blue Software.
FTM 2017 software helps you to discover
- Your family history
- Conserve & share your unique heritage
If you’re using this software for the first time, you’ll appreciate how this instinctive this software is. It allows you to easily make your family tree with simple methods, tools, and unified web searching. Once you become acquainted with the FTM 2017 support Software, you can explore more comprehensive features to manage your data and can make an array of different charts and reports. Eureka! Your family history in just on your click away, which you are going to treasure for your self and the generation coming by.
For more information on the FTM 2017 support, you can contact the FTM Number.
FTM 2017 Support is compatible with Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac operating systems.
For Microsoft Windows the minimum system requirementFor
- Windows 7 or later, including Windows 10, 900 MB hard disk space, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended), 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
For Apple Mac system the minimum system requirement:
- OS X 10.9 or later, including macOS High Sierra 10.13,
900 MB hard disk space, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended), 1280 x 800 screen resolution for FTM 2017
How to Compact and Back Up a Linked Tree
Are you trying to update your FTM 2017 Software, or you want to use a synching option like Family Sync? If Yes, then you must:
- First compact your tree files
- Full back up with any external driver like USB Drive or Flash Drive.
When you compact, it eliminates the spaces in the tree database and reduces the chances of errors when performing actions on it.
- Select Compact.
- Click Compact.
- When says Compacting is successful, click “OK”
- Select Backup.
- In the Backup, select boxes to include Media files, Historical events, and if your tree is linked with one on Ancestry.com, you will also be able to check Allow restored file to resume syncing.
- Click Backup.
- When says Backup is successful, click OK.
Your Family Tree file important and if your computer crashes for some reason, you should save your family history by storing copies of your trees apart from your pc on regular intervals.
It could also mean using online backup like Google Drive, etc.
- Doesn’t my Ancestry tree get full backed up on server?
No. There are certain portions of the FTM 2017 on your pc which don’t get synced with your Ancestry tree. So, while your Ancestry tree have your family history records, you should never rely on it as your only backup. Our Family Tree Maker 2017 support number is available and we can help you with FTM 2017 support round the clock so please call our FTM 2017 support number.
For any compacting or backup issues, you can get in touch with FTM 2017 Support on Toll Free – 18006971474
Editions and Versions of FTM 2017 for Windows & Mac
There are different editions and versions of the FTM Software.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Family Tree Maker 2017 Win 2017 (version 23.2) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 Win 2017 (version 23.1)-Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- FTM 2017 Win 2017
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2014.1 (Mackiev Version)-Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2014 (Ancestry Version)-Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2012 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2011 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2010 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2009 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2008 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 16 (2006) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2006 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 2005 – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 11 (2003) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 10 (2002) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 9 (2001) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, 8 (2000) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, (1999) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, (1998) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, (1996) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, (1995) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017, (1994) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 DOS 1 (1989) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
FTM 2017 For Apple Mac:
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC (Version 23.2) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC (Version 23.1) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC (Mackiev Version) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC (Ancestry Version) – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC – Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
- Family Tree Maker 2017 MAC- Please call our family tree maker 2017 support number for more information.
Family Tree Maker 2017- Frequently Asked Questions
- What in case I am changing my computer, and after an upgrade, do I have to install my old FTM copy?
No. If you are an already a valued user older editions or version of FTM, you will get a freestanding installer for your new pc, so the old version is not required.
- I’ve installed a new Family Tree Software MacKiev version. Should I keep the old version?
No. Once you have installed the FTM 2017 Software MacKiev version, uninstall the old version. Better you keep it in a different folder or to an external drive.
How to get FTM
2017 technical support?
The company supports all versions of FTM 2017. You can get in touch with FTM 2017 Support.
- Is Family Book Creator plugin by Stefan Harms’ compatible with the new versions?
Yes! It is a free update for his Family Book Creator (FBC) for FTM 2017.
- I already have a Family tree maker 2017 software (MacKiev). Do I also need FTM 2017?
You want to avail the feature of connecting Family Tree Maker 2017 to Ancestry, then upgrade to Family Tree Maker 2017. That includes syncing, ancestry hints, and ancestry search and merge function. No other FTM editions have this functionality.
Re-register with FTM 2017 Software?
No, however, all users should sign up for the Family Tree Maker 2017 Mailing List to get new product information’s, updates and upgrades.
Yes, family tree maker TreeSync was discontinued in 2017. It has been replaced with Family Sync. And it has been supported in Family Tree Maker 2017.
From where can I buy FTM 2017?
Family Tree Maker 2017 can be bought from the online store.
Does MacKiev Software support Family Search?
Yes. family tree maker company have combined FamilySearch Matches (hints), search, and merge into Family tree maker 2017.
Can I get a discount on a FTM 2017 to upgrade?
Yes! You can currently order an upgrade to Family Tree Maker 2017 for $59.95. For more information, make sure you are on the Family tree maker Mailing list.
- Should I have to purchase a new Ancestry.com subscription to use Software MacKiev versions of FTM 2017?
No, that’s because the company has not started all over rather continued with where Ancestry.com left off.
FTM 2017 is not connecting to the internet
Some of the users have come across an error which says “Firewall has blocked access” while working on Family tree maker. If you see such kind of error message, you don’t have to panic.
There are various reasons for FTM 2017 not connecting to the internet due to firewall has blocked access. At times, we see the browser security settings are set to maximum or the Anti-Virus or any security software on the computer could be causing this problem.
Solution for FTM 2017 not connecting to internet:
First, we will help you with browser settings and the steps given below will help you to change the settings on the browser to make sure it allows you to access FTM 2017.
- Click on “Tools” in the upper right
- Select “Internet Options”
- Then click on the “Security” tab
- When that opens, click on the “Internet” icon (the world globe)
- Then click on the “Custom Level” button
- Once that’s done
- In the “Reset to” line at the bottom, change the level from “Medium-high” to “medium”
- Then click OK, and
- Select “yes”
- When it asks: “Are you sure?”
- Click on “Yes”
Secondly, you can try making a few changes to your Anti-Virus software.
For the time being you need to disable the software or turn off the protection. It is because of the security firewall on your Anti-Virus, the FTM blocked and error of “Blocked Access” comes.
If you are not able to disable the firewall or turn-off your internet protection (Anti-Virus) you may contact FTM 2017 Support for any help.
Safe Mode with Networking in FTM (SMWN):
At times you get exhausted performing all the above steps and nothing turns out to be in your favor, hence advised to restart the machine (your pc) in Safe Mode with Networking. With SMWN, all your third-party software is temporarily disabled, and you boot up with only windows software and services.
You can contact us, we provide technical support 24/7.
FTM 2017 Important Question tech solution
There are many questions which arise in the mind of the Family Tree user and moreover there are many question asked on the most popular question answering platform like Quora, Disqus and many more and on the forums. In this article we have listed some questions which are asked by many Family Tree users. Along with questions we have listed the answers to the question.
FTM 2017 software released by Mackiev.
Since the news of Ancestry shutting down their tree sync and Mackiev taking over all the products of family tree software and replacing it by their Treesync there has been nonstop questions from existing or new users of family tree software. Today we will be reposting answers to some of the commonly asked questions related to Family tree.
What if you use Ancestry and you have your tree online?
It is a very important question if you use to sync your tree online on Ancestry makes sure to sync all your changes and then do an export of your tree from Ancestry.com
You need to make sure that you have an extra backup copy of your program before you import into any other program.
I Had FTM
2014 and received a free update from Mackiev.
If you had FTM 2014 or FTM 3 for Mac and updated either to FTM 2014.1 or FTM Mac 3.1 with the free version, Yes you will need to pay for upgrading it to FTM 2017.
What are the system requirements for FTM 2017?
FTM 2017 runs on Windows 7 / Windows 8/ Windows 10 and need a hard drive space of at least 700 MB. 2 gigabytes of RAM is necessary for your system to run the software properly.
What can you do if you don’t have a CD drive on your computer?
If you don’t have a CD drive, not a problem at all you can either buy a download copy of the software or you can purchase a USB version of the product.
Can I use FTM
2017 on more than one computer?
Yes, you can do that by purchasing an FTM 2017 Family edition which allows you to use the software on 3 different computers, opposing the Standard User license agreement which allows you to use the software on only 1 computer.
list of what changes are there in Family Tree Maker 2017?
Here is a detailed list of things or changes made in FTM 2017 which was not there in older versions of the software.
You would not be able to sync your Family Tree Maker
– You would not be able to search Ancestry’s database from within the software and would not be able to merge data into your tree.
– You can now get hints from within the software.
– Now you can Upload/download a tree.
– Some of the Web Dashboard information will be changed in the new software
– The map view now available.
– Now you can view source online or links from sources from Ancestry.com that open the records online.
When will Family Tree Maker
2017 be available to download?
You can purchase the program on or after 31 March 2017.
What if I have an older version of the software but I don’t use sync function? Can I still use the software?
You need to make sure you are using your program just as a program and not linking it to any online tree than there is no issue, but you would not be able to access the shaky leaf hints feature.
Steps to recover FTM 2017 files
A genealogy software program by ancestry.com which allow you to create family trees with photos, timelines and many other features. This program also has the feature to do the backup on an external drive or on CDs. If your Computer or Hard drive is crashed you can recover your files via Backup. And Backup and Restore option are available on the program File menu.
Family Tree also has the option to connect your tree to familysearch.com and to Ancestry.com so other relatives of yours can also see your family tree and download as well. In order to connect to familysearch.com and ancestry.com you need to have an account on both servers, Also you can search another family tree on these servers and download as well at the same time. When your family tree is connected to familysearch.com and ancestry.com you will see leaves on your index.
In order to does Backup follow the steps below?
Today we will talk about the Backup and Restore FTM Files on the program.
- Launch your FTM 2017 and click on File Menu and select Backup
And backup will name as a current date by default
- Under “Backup Location” selects “Removal Media” and from the drop-down select external drive or CDs where you want to save and click “Save”
In order to does Restore follow the steps below?
- To do restore first please disables your Anti-virus protection which can stop the restore working properly and copy the backup file from your external drive or CDs to your computer.
- Launch Family tree maker then open File Menu and select Restore and click on Look in and navigate to your file location and select open.
Above are the steps to Backup and Restore your FTM files on your Family Tree program.
For technical support related to Family Tree you can contact us.
FTM 2017 FAQ Questions & Answers
In this section, we will talk about the few random questions which are asked by the users of family tree. We have selected the few questions which are mostly asked by the users. We have provided the complete solution for these question we have mentioned in this section.
The widely asked question for family tree is printing family tree.
How do I print my FTM 2017?
We have tried to go as much detailed in this question. Here is the answer to the question:-
There are two proven ways through which you can print family tree into Ancestry.
They are in pedigree view or in a family tree view.
How to print FTM 2017?
We have explained this in the simple steps. They are:
1: On Ancestry, click on the tree tab and from there you need to choose the tree option.
2: On the left-hand side you will get two options, click on either family tree or pedigree view.
Padigree View For Family Tree Maker
Now, you choose pedigree view, then it displays present peoples horizontally and younger people on the left with ancestors to the right.
Family View for FTM
On the other hand, family tree represents present people vertically and ancestors at the top and younger people at the bottom.
Once you have selected the family tree view you want to have then the next step will be: –
3: Go to the part of the family tree you want to print.
Print Your FTM
Now all you need to do is to print the part of the FTM 2017 you want to print. You have to simply right click on the family tree.
It is impossible to print the whole tree at once so you have to print the different sections of the family tree.
4: Click print – The final step will be to click print on the print option. Your family tree will be printed.
Now let’s move to the next question asked by many users.
Can I use Family Tree Maker 2017 on two computers?
Here is the simple answer to this question. If you are planning to use family tree software in two computers then you need to buy economical family tree pack that too by just giving $20 more to the original price of the family tree software.
Let’s see how it works: –
You can install family tree software on 3 computers. They can be a mix of Mac or windows.
In the case you already own a family tree then you need to upgrade the software.
Now you know how to use family tree in more than 1 device.
Now time to move to the next question.
website to learn about the Family Tree Maker 2017?
Well, there are many websites available over the internet which provides useful information. You can choose the websites which provide information according to your requirements. On our website: – https://familytreemakersupport.com/ you will find all the information and as the name of our website suggests, we provide support for family tree.
Or for more information you can visit wikipedia you will find all the information from this website.
This is all for now. We will keep updating you with the latest news. In case if you face any problem , you can contact us for the tech support.
Family Tree Maker 2017 – How to create a Blog
Let your family & friends, researcher’s worldwide benefit from your research on Family Tree Maker 2017.
You must have been doing a lot of research for a long time and keeping valuable information for Family Tree Maker 2017 which, you would like to share with the rest of the world. Else, you might be looking forward to recording your ongoing progress for the research and thinking of keeping a good track of your work. It is suggested to write an organized blog to help others with your hard work.
It doesn’t take to be a super techie to do that. The people who do the research on Family Tree Maker 2017 can easily write a blog of their own. We will help you with step by step to guide you to achieve this with no technical glitch. There are many blocks which you must travel to get a good blog for yourself and others.
Block 1 For Family Tree Maker 2017:
To create a Family Tree Maker 2017 blog, you must purchase a reliable and less expansive web host. The company for the web host is to store all the data and it must be a reputed to make sure your data is not tossed.
There are various hosting options which you can get from the internet. The few examples are: –
3- Site Ground
Block 2 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
Once you get the block 1 completed, you can move on to create your blog for Family Tree Maker 2017. Since you have signed up for the web host service and own a web space and a domain name you will get the landing screen. You will be asked to set up your password, agree to the terms and conditions and continue to next screen. You will the Word Press options, click on it to install it now. The green install button on Word Press will let you install the word press. The next step will ask you to verify the domain name which you have purchased earlier. If you haven’t gotten the domain, you can check for the same. using your email and password. Once you install the blog it will take you to the page where you will get the theme for the blog. You are marvelous. You have done it! The Family Tree Maker 2017 Blog in on the way!
Block 3 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
You must have received a couple of intimations on your email containing information to manage your account and to access the site which you have made on word press. Keep that info and don’t delete them by mistake. The domain you have registered, add /wp-admin to the end of the page to change your content. If this doesn’t work out to you, you must wait for some time as it takes some time to update it. At times the web host providers may put your account on hold for verification purpose. It takes a little bit of patience to have Family Tree Maker 2017 blog.
Block 4 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
The most important aspect is the privacy. The Family Tree Maker 2017 blog must be protected by all means if you are looking to make it for yourself only. Do you wish to make a private or a public blog for yourself? Don’t use the plugins if your decision is to make it public. Else you need the plugins to protect your data on the internet. On the page, you will see the options of plugins, click on it and add new. Once you click on it, make it my private blog in the search box and install it. Once you are done installing it, you may get to the page to activate it. At this point, you can go into settings and click on private blog and then save the changes. Once done, you can log out from the console and try logging in to make sure you are able to log in successfully again. If you share the username and password, the other person will be able to make changes on your private blog.
Block 5 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
If you have set up the Family Tree Maker 2017 blog to be viewed publicly and openly, you must get the spam filter to save it from lewd comments from spammers. The plugin to stop spammers is absolutely free and easy to use. To install the anti-spam plugin search it in the plugin search. Once you get it, install the plugin.
Block 6 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
The important aspect is to regularly back up the Family Tree Maker 2017 blog. There are 2 ways to do it. If you don’t want to do it manually yourself, you can pay monthly few dollars and otherwise install the plugin updraft plus and install it. The plugin will get downloaded on the computer and later you can upload it. It is recommended to back up the blog every time you add something new to it. The weekly update is best to do even you are not making a new post in it.
Block 7 for Family Tree Maker 2017:
You have traveled 6 Blocks so far, and that’s what we call a terrific job done!
Now start adding the content to your Family Tree Maker 2017 blog. On the left-hand side of the window, you will see add new post option. First, you must add the title of the new post. Make sure the default image is not selected as it will default the size of the image to medium which will of small size. Resize the image by clicking on the pencil icon. You can also use featured image and click on set featured image and then upload the image and don’t forget to get the preview of it. Once done, you can publish it so to let yourself and others see your post. You can also delete the default post by going into the all posts and then clicking on delete it.
The subscription that you have chosen from the web host providers must be renewed on time so to avoid disconnection of any services. Make sure the credit card that you have used for the auto-renewal service must not get expired at the time of renewal. At any point in time, you think of making a public blog to a private one, you must play with the plugins. There are plugins to backup and restore which will also come handy to back it up.
How to select the best Family Tree Maker Software
If you are looking forward to choosing the best family tree maker software for your work then you must be a bit confused about choosing the best one. There are certain things which need to be kept in mind in choosing the family tree maker software. With a project where there is a large amount of information to be stored, it became a little difficult.
If you are among those peoples who are confused about choosing the family tree maker software then here are some tips for you which will help you in choosing the best family tree maker software for your work.
Tips for choosing the family tree maker software
1: – Budget – Fix your budget. Now all you need to do is to look for the family tree maker software which fits in your budget. There are many products available in the market which offers services at the wide range.
2: – Purpose– Look out for what purpose you are in need of the family tree maker software. If you want to use the software in the large-scale or for some limited amount of work.
3: – Features– Many family tree maker software companies provide you the software with different features. Look for the software which best suits your requirements. Compare the features of the software and which best fit in your checklist, go for it.
You can also ask for the trial version of the software for better understanding of the software.
There are many more things which you need to look before buying the family tree maker software such as compatibility, security, and many more things.
This is all for now in this section. Stay tuned for more information about the family tree maker software.
We keep updating the news about the family tree maker software and if you have any problem with the software you can find the answers for your problems here.
Disclaimer: Familytreemakersupport.com We are online technician service provider. we don’t have any relationship with any brand. We only provide technician service. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, Product and Services is only for referential purpose. Familytreemakersupport.com hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third parties. If your product is covered under warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer, You can always visit their respective website to get free service. You can also request our customer service to provide you contact information of any brand in case you would want to reach them.