Last updated on May 20th, 2023 at 12:55 am
In Addition, We will discuss about How to Uploading a tree from FTM 2017 for Mac to Ancestry. if you are not able to Uploading your Tree please chat with our Experts.
Uploading a tree from FTM 2017 for Mac to Ancestry
Family Tree Maker 2017 allows you to upload your tree file directly to Ancestry. It also links your local and online tree and keep them synced.
- Open the tree you want to upload to Ancestry.
- Click the sync icon in the upper-right corner of the application window.
- Choose Upload to Ancestry from the pop-up menu.
- The Upload and Link FTM and Ancestry Tree dialog appears.
Set the options you want:
- In the Ancestry tree name field, you can leave the existing tree name or enter a new one.
- The Sync changes in trees choice decides the way your tree will sync.
- Recommended in FTM 2017 to sync the tree manually, so the button of the same name is already there by default.
- If you want to sync it automatically, select the Automatically button.
- Use the Upload this tree as option to decide whether your online tree will be public or private.
- By default, the checkbox is selected, which means your tree will be a public tree.
You want your tree to be private, uncheck the box.
- If your tree is public, Ancestry subscribers can view your entire tree (except for information about living individuals and private notes), and your tree will appear in search results on Ancestry and search engines such as Google.
- When your tree is private, limited information about individuals in it (name, birth year, birthplace) will appear in Ancestry search results, but no one can view your entire tree unless you invite them to.
- You can switch your online tree from public to private, or private to public, at any time on Ancestry.com.
- The Exclude this tree from Ancestry search index option becomes available if you have selected the checkbox above it.
- Select this option if you don’t want your tree to appear in search results on Ancestry or third-party search engines such as Google.
- When you have finished setting the options, click Upload. Uploading will begin, and a progress bar in the upper-right corner shows the status of the upload.
- A message tells you when the file has been upload and link successfully. Select the View online tree checkbox if you want to go to the Ancestry view of the tree at once. Click OK.
If you are facing any problem or you can’t upload your family Tree Maker Tree in Ancestry on Mac please contact us. You can visit our website Family tree maker Support or you can chat with our Experts.
You can Contact us Family Tree Maker Support Number to get your issue resolved. We provide phone support 24×7. Family Tree Maker Support number is +1-888-299-3207. So, you can call for help.