Last updated on May 20th, 2023 at 12:54 am
Let me guide you on how you can use Color Coding in FTM 2019 software and look even more beautiful than it is right now. You will not just have a beautiful tree. Also, you will have an easy way to track your family lines.
What is Color Coding in Family Tree Maker 2019 or Family tree maker 2017?
Let’s say you have 30000+ people in your tree, and without creating a relationship report, you cannot find your direct bloodlines. That is what color coding does for you; you can see your direct bloodline using color coding without creating a relationship report.
What is the benefit of using color coding in Family Tree Maker?
There are several benefits of using color coding. We will try to list a few for you.
- Visual Classification – If you select yourself as a person and then color code yourself, your descendent and your ancestors with one color. You will be able to recognise your entire bloodline with one colour. Similarly, you can do for your wife, mother or someone else’s family.
- A quick note with color coding – You can select a person and give a color to recognise that person as incomplete or a person you are still researching. You can also select a person and provide a color to identify the person born in Texas. This is how you can think and use color coding to make your research easier.
- Beautiful Look – Using color coding in your family tree maker, your tree will look colourful and attractive.
Color coding in FTM 2019/2017 Steps:-
- Open family tree maker software by clicking on the icon on your computer desktop screen.
- Select the tree you want to work on and the person you want to color code.
- Click on color coding on the top bar right corner first icon.
- You have choices to select. For example, if you want to give color to only the current person, you must choose the person. Then, it will provide color to the current person as per your selection of color.
- If you want to give color to the ancestor and descendant of the select person, you can also do that. This is how you can find out your direct bloodlines.
Color Coding Features in FTM 2019
For the Current Person, choose from a variety of colours. It’s now possible to apply up to eight colours to the current person rather than just one. Select the person you want to highlight from the Tree tab of the People workspace, then click the Color Coding button above the editing panel. Click as many of the eight colours as you need to mark the individual under Current person. Please choose an option by clicking on it.
You can chat with our family tree maker support Experts and Fix your Problem, or you can visit our website or blog about family tree maker support. Or you can visit Mackiev’s official website for more information.