Charting Companion on Mac is an advanced program, which makes it easy for you to view, publish and print high quality genealogy charts and reports directly from your genealogy file.
Whether your database holds a handful of people or thousands, Charting Companion for Mac gives you the tools to quickly find individuals, view their family information, and navigate through their tree.
The given are the steps to activate and use Family Tree Maker Charting Companion on Mac computer
- If you are a Family Tree Maker user, in the FTM menu click on “Tools Charting Companion”.
- For all other genealogy programs, click on the Charting Companion on Mac menu: “File Open”.
- Browse to your file. If you cannot find your file, click on “Scan disk”, and Charting Companion for Mac will find all your genealogy files.
- Find a person. Click on the Name List icon or click on the menu “View Name List”.
- Enter a surname and optionally a given name, click on “Go to” and “View”.
- Create a chart
- Charting Companion on Mac Click on “Charts & Reports Ancestor Fan chart” for example, then click on “Preview”.
- Print or Publish the chart After previewing the chart, click on the Printer icon, then Publish or Print.
- Choose the file type in the drop-down list.
You can create the following reports with Charting Companion on Mac:
- Family Group Record Printed version of family group view in LDS format.
- Standard Family Group A variable format that will print all user-defined events.
- Kinship Print all relatives of an individual with their relationship(s).
- Hourglass Chart – A box chart that prints both ancestors and descendants for an individual.
- Trellis Chart – A chart that shows everyone in your family.
- Dandelion Chart – A chart that shows everyone in your family
- Pedigree Chart Traditional LDS pedigree chart of an individual’s ancestors.
- Ancestor Chart A box chart of an individual’s ancestors, with an optional variation to include siblings.
- Ancestor Fan Chart A unique “fan” presentation of an individual’s ancestors. You can also print a full circle or quarter circle chart.
- Bowtie Chart A box chart showing an individual’s paternal line (ancestors) to the left and the maternal line to the right.
- Ancestor Book An individual’s ancestors prepared in a book format together with an index. Different from the other charts and reports, the Ancestor Book is an output directly to your word processor for further editing and printing.
- Descendant Chart A box chart of an individual’s descendants. Choose from top to bottom or left to right formats.
- Descendant Fan Chart A unique “fan” presentation of an individual’s descendants. You can also print a full circle or quarter circle chart.
- Outline Descendant An outline report of an individual’s descendants indented by generation. This is a useful summary report because only one line per person prints out.
- Descendant Book An individual’s descendants prepared in a book format together with an index. Like the Ancestor Book, the Descendant Book is the outcome directly to your word processor for further editing and printing
Charting Companion for Mac allows you to print your chart or reports on any size of paper. You can create large charts by building a of pages together or by printing on a large-scale plotter.
You can print charts and reports on MacOS compatible printers, including ink jet, laser, and even dot matrix printers. The Fan chart has special requirements that are available only on laser and ink jet printers.
The Descendant and Ancestor books are the output to the word processor of your choice like WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Open Office, Lotus Ami Pro, and Microsoft WordPad. From there you can perform added editing such as adding graphics to your report before printing.
In addition, Charting Companion on Mac allows you to preview your charts in reports before you print it, allowing you to save on printing costs. Fast “go to” and search functions are also helping in finding individual records easier. This is especially useful for large files.
Read more Blogs:- Companion guide Status