Do you want to know how to share a ‘Family Tree‘? Well, this is just the perfect site for you to start with. Here, a step-by-step guide will teach you all about Sharing the Ancestry Family Tree.
Furthermore, if you are looking forward to viewing a Sharing Ancestry Family Tree, first of all, you must remember that your friends and family will surely need an Ancestry account. If they do not already have an Ancestry account, you will need to create a ‘Free guest account’ first. However, if they do not want to make an Ancestry account, you can ask them for help by filling in the details about people in your tree.
NOTE: You should know that you can always change or revoke the level of access that you grant to your tree at any time.
How To Sharing Ancestry Family Tree?
Using the app
- You must begin from your tree and tap the ‘Share‘ icon.
- Next, you must choose the role you would like the person to have and tap on the ‘Create Link‘ option.
- And now, you should send the link to someone – remember that each person you invite will need a new link.
Via the browser
- It would be best to start by clicking on the ‘Invite‘ button from your tree.
- Then, it would be best if you chose how you would like to share your tree by using the tabs at the top of the opened window, such as those mentioned below;
- Invite link creates an invitation link you can share anywhere and with anyone you want.
- Email – sends an invitation to the email address that you enter.
- Username – This lets you enter their username to send an email invitation to their registered email address; here, you do not need to know their email.
If you are creating an invite link, you should skip this step. If not, you must enter the recipient’s email address or username.
- To invite multiple people at once, click the ‘Add another email/user option’.
- To invite a circle – click on the ‘Username’ field and then choose a circle to invite from the given drop-down menu. Now, if you see a list of saved logins instead of your list of circles, then you can click on the username field again.
- Next, in the ‘Role‘ menu, you have to choose which role you want the person to have, such as;
- Guests – this views and adds comments; however, they cannot view living people automatically.
- Contributors – they get to view and add comments, photos and stories. However, they cannot edit or remove existing tree content or consider living people automatically.
- Editors – here, you can view living people automatically, remove and edit existing content, and add people, records, comments, photos and stories.
- Furthermore, if you send a link, you should choose the ‘Create Link copy link’ option. And if you are shipping an email, you can include a message and select ‘Send Invites’. When someone accepts your invitation, you will see your tree appearing under the ‘Trees’ tab in their account.
How do you accept a tree invitation?
- You must first click on the ‘View Tree‘ by entering your invitation email section.
- Next, when prompted, you should sign into your Ancestry account or create one for free.
- Now you can view the tree; the tree should appear under your ‘Trees’ tab.
How do you manage the invited people?
Using the app –
- In the top left corner of the page, you have to tap on your ‘Profile‘ icon (photo or letters).
- And then, just under the ‘Manage Tree’ section, you need to tap on the ‘Tree Name’ option.
- After that, tap on ‘Name‘ to change or revoke access.
Using a browser –
- You will need to go to the tree that you have shared.
- Next, in the toolbar on the left side, you should click the ‘More (the three dots)’ icon and select the ‘Tree Settings‘.
- And now, you need to click on the ‘Invitations‘ tab.
- Followed by editing someone’s role or ability to see living people. And if you want to end someone’s access to your tree, click the ‘Remove‘ button.
- After doing so, you must click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
The process for removing a tree shared with you
You should also know that when you remove a tree that someone shared with you from your account, the person who shared it with you will not know about it as they are not notified, and their tree remains the same on their account.
- You need to start by clicking on the ‘Trees’ tab and then select the ‘Create and Manage Trees’ option.
- After that, just above your list of trees, you need to click on the ‘Trees Shared with Me‘ option.
- And now, in the ‘Tools’ column, you must click on the ‘Remove from list‘ option beside a tree you would like to remove.
- Finally, when you finish the above, click the OK button.
All about troubleshooting:
Solution 1 – Are you seeing a message stating, ‘An invitation you sent wasn’t received’?
Well, if so, from your tree, right in the toolbar on the left side, you should click the ‘More (the three dots) icon and select ‘Tree Settings’. After that, you must select the ‘Invitations’ tab and ensure that the email address or username you entered is correct. If correct, you should select the ‘Reinvite’ option in the ‘Tools’ column. If you have sent the invitation using their username, it will go to the email address they registered with Ancestry. Moreover, you could also try and use another email address if their first one (or their username) does not work.
Solution 2 – ‘You did not receive an invitation someone sent to you’?
You should ensure that the person sending you the invitation has your email address or username correct. And if they do, then you can contact Ancestry directly to see if Ancestry might have been blocked from sending an email to your email address.
After going through the above information and process, you should be satisfied and all good to manage the Sharing Ancestry Family Tree. Nevertheless, if you still need further guidance or details, you can always contact the well-trained and committed techs provided without having a second thought. And the team will surely be available to assist you accordingly in no time.
Answer:- If you are assigned as editor, you can. A guest or contributor will not be able to download the tree.
Answer:- You can share using the ancestry tree sharing option.