TreeVault Cloud Services helps to transfer your FTM tree from one computer to another. You must make sure that the tree stays updated with TreeVault Cloud Service on the second computer.
This article helps you to know how to transfer your FTM tree between two computers using a USB flash drive and then connect it back to your Antenna tree.
Transfer your FTM tree files from one computer to another computer
To successfully transfer your tree file from one computer to another, FTM 2019 must installed on both computers. You must have a removable storage device to move your file.
Alternatively, it can be transfer via a computer network or cloud storage.
The easiest way to transfer a tree from one computer to another, however, is by using a USB flash drive.
If you do not have one, it may be worth your time to buy one before continuing with the steps below.
On the first computer:
- Open FTM 2019 on the computer with your current FTM tree.
- Manually do the full backup of your FTM tree.
- Go to the location of the backup file you have created and copy the file to your flash drive.
- Unplug your flash drive from the first computer.
On the second computer:
- Plugin the flash drive into an available USB port on the computer. Which you want to transfer your FTM Source tree.
- Copy the backup file to your computer’s hard disk before going ahead with the restoration process.
- Open FTM 2019, click the File menu and choose Restore.
- In the dialog that appears, navigate to the location where you saved the backup file, select the file, and then click Open.
- Select the location on your hard disk where you want your tree to be saved (FTM tree files are usually stored in the Family Tree Maker folder in your Documents folder).
Then click the Save button to restore your tree from the backup. The restored tree opens in Family Tree Maker.
- Make sure you are logged in to TreeVault with the same account you used when creating the Antenna tree on the first computer.
If you are logged in to a different TreeVault account, click Cancel in the message that appears prompting you to create an Antenna tree, log out of TreeVault, and then log back in with the TreeVault account you were using on the first computer.
- Click on View > Tree Browser or click the Select Treepop-up menu on the far left of the main toolbar and then click Tree Browser. The Tree Browserwindow appears.
- In the Tree Browser window, select TreeVaulton the left and then click Nextin the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Click the Find FTM Source Treebutton.
- Select your tree in the Results for FTM Source Treecolumn.
- Make sure that the selected tree is the tree that you restored in step 5 (double-check the tree). Then click Use as Source Tree.
- Your tree is link to the Antenna tree and becomes the FTM Source tree. Only changes to this new Source tree on the second computer will be apply to your Antenna tree.
The FTM tree from which you made the backup on the first computer will no longer be link to the Antenna tree.
- If you closed your restore tree after step 5 and perform steps 6–10 without an open tree. Then the Source tree will open automatically.
You can click Open This FTM Tree in the Tree Browser window at any time to open your Source tree.
This is how you can Transfer FTM Files form one computer to another computer. Apart from this, if you have any queries regarding the family tree maker then you can call the family tree maker support phone number. Our FTM Experts will help you with the best solution. You can call us any time, our family tree maker support number +1-888-299-3207. For getting instant help, you can visit our website and do a family tree maker live chat with our Experts.
Related Article :-