In this blog we have explained how to fix Slow and Freezes in Family Tree Maker Software. if you read this blog and follow the steps below, you will be able to fix this issue. If family tree maker runs slow and freezes more than expected, here are the few steps to fix it.
Check the system compatibility first :-
- Operating system for Windows computers – Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Minimum 900MB Hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM
- 1024×768 screen resolution
- Operating system for Apple devices – OS X 10.10 or later, including macOS Catalina 10.15
- 4GB RAM
- 1280×800 screen resolution
Compact the family tree file to fix Slow and Freezes in Family Tree
- The compact tool within the program will help to compact file.
- It will re-index the tree file
- Also, will remove the unnecessary data
- Optimizes the tree performance
Merge duplicate individuals and source citation:-
- Merge the duplicates to reduce the size of the tree file.
- It makes the tree file more efficient.
- If you temporarily disable the internet access and work offline can increase the performance of the family tree makes significantly
- Click on the File menu – second last option is to go offline.
- In case of you do not wish to go offline, turn off automatic hints feature from ancestry and family search
- Uncheck the boxes for “ Show hints from Ancestry and Family Search
- Disable fast field – click on tools in the menu
- Click on “ options”
- Uncheck all boxes under “use fast fields for”
If none of the above steps help to improve the performance, then there is something else to correct on the device. It could be an antivirus software which might be a problem. The pending updates or recently failed update could also be causing the performance issue. Overall, the device tune-up and cleanup might be the cause. However, in certain cased the disk check must require fixing the sluggish performance. For more detailed diagnosis, the phone and remote support might be of great help to fix Slow and Freezes in Family Tree.
You can Contact us Family Tree Maker Support Number to get your issue resolved. We provide phone support 24×7. Family Tree Maker Support number is +1-888-299-3207. So, you can call for help.