This blog explains, if you Lost Family Tree maker 2017 icon from your computer then how to fix it. Please know this blog is for windows and not for Mac.
Please follow the steps below to fix the Lost Family Tree maker icon. If you do not want to work on it and you would like an expert service then Please call Family Tree Maker Support to fix lost family tree maker 2017 icon.
Check the program list if you really lost family tree maker 2017 or not.
- Check if your computer still has program
installed. You may not be able to see the icons if you type Family Tree maker.
Press the windows key on your keyboard and press R key together. It will bring “Run”
box. Please type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
- This will show you list of the program listed in
your computer. Please check if you see Family Tree Maker 2017 there in the list.
- If you see the program, then press windows key
once and start typing FTM.exe. it will show you the list of software that you can
- Please click on FTM2017.exe and press install. The software will ask you if you have your Family tree files in back up mode or not in back up mode. Do you have data backed up? You will need to back it up, if it is not. if your software gets locked then you can reuse this data to restore your tree. Since the software is already installed. You will get a popup asking if you want to remove or repair it. if you remove it, you will lose your software so be careful.
- Please select repair and your tree will be repaired and installed. This is the easiest way to repair your family tree maker software.
Note: after repairing Lost Family Tree maker, you may need to restart the computer and then try to open the software and brows your trees. If you are still facing issues then contact Mackive support. You can also contact our Family tree maker support team and ask for help.
Also read – How to fix browser issues with ancestry?