If you want to learn how to move a tree from Family Tree Maker 2014 from Windows to FTM 2017 on Mac. Then, this is just the perfect blog for you. Here, you will definitely find all the topmost solutions at one stop. Please read from start to end so you will not make any errors.
How to take back up your tree so you can Move It from FTM2014 to FTM2017?
- Open the family tree maker. Please select the tree you want to take back up. Then choose the ‘Backup’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Next, you need to choose a proper location for saving the backup file. Click on the ‘Removable media’ tab if you would like to save your file to a USB drive. You can also choose other removable media of your choice.
- Now in the ‘Include in backup’ section. You need to select the items that you would like in the backup.
- If you would like to include your photos and other media. Please click on the check box to select the media file.
- If you find that the current tree has been linked to an online tree on Ancestry.com. Then, you need to select the ‘Allow restored file to resume syncing’ checkbox.
- Doing so will allow you to have the backed-up tree re-link automatically to the online tree when it gets stored on your Mac. After which, you have to click on OK.
- After that, the backup file with the. ftm extension will get saved to the specified location.
- Now, finally, you can move the backup file to your Mac computer (E.g., a USB drive) and then place it in a proper folder in the ‘Finder’
How to restore a file from a backup in Family Tree Maker 2017?
- Go to open FTM 2017 on your Mac, and then choose the ‘Restore’ option from the File menu.
- Then, you need to go to the location of the backup file that you created in your FTM 2014. You need to select it and give a click on ‘Open’
- You now have to select the ‘Restore sync files’ checkbox after clicking on the ‘Restore’ button.
- This will restore your tree. Click on the sync icon that is in the upper-right corner. Click on Sync Now as soon as you get a message to click on Sync Now.
The above-mentioned method is absolutely effective in helping Move a Tree from FTM2014 to FTM2017 from Windows to Mac. However, if you face any problem in doing the same, then you can chat With our Family Tree Maker Support Experts right away.
Quick Read:- How to Sharing Ancestry DNA Results