Here is some well-known issue that could stop your Family Tree maker 2017 to connect to internet. Please follow the steps as it described below.
- Make sure you have not selected an option called “Go Offline”
- Check date and time.
- Firewall status (Your firewall should allow Family tree maker connection to internet so it can have connectivity)
- Update your operating system so you will not be using an outdated system.
How to set Family Tree Maker to go online?
- Click on Family Tree Maker and it will open family Tree maker software.
- Once you click on file, you will see few options. Please see if it says, “Go Offline”.
- Go offline mean your software is online and you can click on “Go offline” to go offline.
- Going from offline to online will fix your issue so be sure if your tree is online.
Upgrading operating system to fix Connectivity Issues in family tree maker.
Click on apple logo to open menu. You will find apple logon on the very top left corner of your computer screen. Once you click on it, you will see an option to click on software update. Please make sure to login to your app store. If you are not logged in to app store, you will not get option to update your operating system.
Way to check firewall status
Once you click on apple logo, you will get options. Click on system preferences. You will see security and privacy. Please click and see if there are any changes made to your firewall. You may need an expert to help you with firewall settings.
Did you upgrade your Family Tree Maker 2017?
You need to check for the upgrade of your family tree maker 2017. If you have not upgraded, then you should go to upgrade center and upgrade your software. upgrading your software will fix your Connectivity Issues in family tree so please follow the steps.
If none of the steps fixes your issue then please chat with our Experts. One of our technicians will guide you and fix your problem.