Legacy Family Tree is considered one of the best genealogy software for Windows. It helps track, organize, relationship calculate, print, and share the family’s history. One can use the standard edition for free without having any restrictions by simply creating an account. But if you want to use the additional features, you must buy a subscription for the deluxe editions.
Legacy Family Tree Version
- The standard edition is free, and Legacy does not charge for it. However, the free version does not include the premium feature.
- The Deluxe edition is a paid version. The legacy deluxe edition costs USD 79.95 (Current Price). As for Legacy, they have included 108 advanced features, which are not available in the standard edition.
Let me describe the version of Legacy.
Legacy version 1.0 was launched in June 1997, but as per Wikipedia, Ken McGinnis and Dave Berdan started developing in 1995. The upgraded version 2.0 was released in October 1997. After that, there were more upgraded versions launched by Legacy Tree. Legacy 9.0 is the last version.
Download Legacy On Your Device?
If you want to download The Legacy program on your device, then you must go through the steps mentioned below:
- You must first go to the website.
- After that, you must write down the details in the given field.
- After that, choose the next step and go here to the download option.
- After doing so, you need to choose a run option. Then, the download process will start on your device; it will take some time to download on your device. So, wait till the Legacy Genealogy Program gets downloaded on your device.
Install Legacy Software on Your Device?
To install it on your device, you must first download it. You can easily download it by following the steps mentioned above (in the download section). If the download has been completed, then after doing so, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- After completing the Legacy Software on your device, you will receive a message.
- Afterwards, go to the run option, and then the update screen will open on your device.
- It would help if you chose Next, and then it will ask you to enter the password.
- Write the password in the given field and click the following button.
- After completing the update process, you must choose the finish button. Now, you can use the Legacy program on your device.
Versions & Features Of Legacy Program
It is available in two editions: standard and deluxe. You can use the standard version for free, but you need to buy a subscription to the deluxe version. The latest version of Legacy is Legacy 9.0 Deluxe software. Legacy has many features to offer to its users, such as:
- Legacy Home
- Family/pedigree view
- Descendant view
- Chronology view
- Index view
- Marriage list
- Research Guidance
- Pictures and sound
- To-do list
To know the features in detail, you can contact the support team immediately. They will inform you about everything and explain why using Legacy Genealogy software benefits you.
People find it very beneficial while using Legacy 9; it is helping them integrate with online databases and genealogy services in no time. Although it still doesn’t have the best charts, other features make it the best. The best thing about using it is that it is simple, and GEDCOM accuracy is also perfect. While it has no undo or redo tool, this is something that it is lacking from other family tree software. But overall, people are finding it easy and convenient to use.
How To Contact Legacy Customer Support?
If you have any queries related to Legacy software, then without wasting any more time, Contact Legacy Customer Support now. You can reach them via phone or directly and talk to their live chat. But if you don’t want to connect in person to person, then an email will be the best choice. So, inform them about your queries so they can assist you with quick guidelines.
Question: – Is Legacy software Compatible with Ancestry.com?
Answer: – No, currently, it is not syncing with Ancestry.com, but in the future, it can be compatible with Ancestry.com.
Question: – Does Legacy Work with Mac?
Answer: – It does, but only on the newer Macs with Windows installed under Bootcamp, parallel, and Fusion.
Question: – When will Legacy genealogy software then be released?
Answer: – The date has not been confirmed yet, but Legacy plans to release Family Tree 10 soon.
Question: – Which is better- Legacy Tree or MyHeritage?
Answer: – It depends on your requirements. For example, if you want more chart-building options, then Legacy would be better.
Question: – How do I Choose between Legacy Standard Vs. Deluxe?
Answer: – If you want Legacy for everyday use, then the Standard edition will be best, but if you require the Deluxe feature, you must go for Deluxe editions.