Last updated on October 5th, 2022 at 05:16 am
If your family tree maker not connecting to internet, then you should read this blog and follow the steps to fix this issue. If you Need any help you can call us our family tree maker Support Number +1-888-299-3207.
Please check that your family tree maker is not in offline mode. If it is in offline mode, then you should make sure it is in an online mode.
- Open Family Tree Maker.
- Click on the file tab.
- The second last tab is to make your family tree maker go online or offline.
- If you see it says to go online, that means your family tree maker is in offline mode.
- Please click on Go Online to make your family tree maker go online.
Please check the image below.
Why Should The FTM Connected To The Internet?
- To Get the latest update and upgrades.
- To be able to connect to ancestry.
- To be able to go to FamilySearch.
- To research online on other websites (Google, Genealogy.com, rootsweb.com, etc.)
There Is Some Fundamental Reason That May Cause Family Tree Maker Not Connect To Internet
Please find the reason and fix it below. (These steps are for that customer whose internet is working and if you can go to other websites)
- You are using an old version of FTM.
Suppose you are using FTM14 or an older version. It will not get connected to the internet. You will need to upgrade your software to the latest version.
- You are using a firewall.
Suppose you are using an antivirus or a hardware firewall. Please check if your firewall is not blocking FTM from going online.
- Your computer date and time is wrong.
You will need to check the date and time of your computer. If it is wrong, your family tree maker will not connect to the internet. You should set the correct date and time.
4. Your computer uses proxy settings for the internet. (This is only for windows computers)
You will need to check the internet proxy settings. Please press the windows key and R key together. You will get a run box in your computer’s left-hand side bottom corner.
5. Type inetcpl.cpl in the open box and click on OK. You will get a box with internet properties in it. Please click on the connections tab and then click on LAN settings.
Please uncheck all the boxes if they are checked and make sure only “automatically detect settings” is checked. Now click on Ok. You may need to restart your computer.
Answer:- Please open your family tree maker and then click on the help tab. You will get a dropdown; click on the last option, “About Family Tree Maker.” It will open the product information box, and you can see the version of your family tree maker.
Answer:- I suggest you call our support team and get help from an expert.
Answer:- You can upload everything you have worked on for years to the new version. If you do not know how to do that, you can take help from an expert.
In case of any troubles related to Your Family Tree Maker Not connecting to internet, contact professionals right now. If you Need any Help you can Call us our Family Tree Maker Support Number +1-888-299-3207 or you can Live chat with our Experts.