Last updated on April 6th, 2022 at 11:39 am
Ancestry browser issues may give you hard time while you do your genealogy research. You should read the topic from start to end and you will be able to resolve this issue. You may face this issue while you are on family tree maker and trying to search using the ancestry website. Follow the instruction below to fix this issue.
Clean up your internet browser to fix Browser issues with Ancestry
Internet Explorer –
- Firstly, press and hold Windows Key and R together, and you will see a small “Run” box
- Type in “inetcpl.cpl” and press ok
- You will see the “internet properties” box
- Please check the box “delete browsing history on exit” and click on remove.
- You will have another popup with checkboxes, you need to check all the checkboxes and leave the “password” checkbox.
- If you do check the password box as well it will remove all the passwords that you have saved on your internet explorer.
- Click on “Advanced Tab” which is on the very top right corner.
- Please click on restore advanced settings and click on reset.
- Click on reset and you have cleaned up your internet explorer.
These steps should fix your fix browser issues with ancestry. If your default browser is internet explorer, then you do not have to clean up any other browser. But if you would like to clean up google chrome as well, please follow the steps below.
Google Chrome –
- Open Chrome browser
- Press and hold CTRL and H, you will see chrome history.
- Click on clear browsing data and click on advanced.
- Check all the boxes and leave the password box unchecked.
- Click on clear data. This will clear all the cache and cookies from your chrome.
If these steps do not fix Browser issues with Ancestry and you need help from Family tree maker support or ancestry.com support.