Last updated on May 20th, 2023 at 12:55 am
In this blog, We will see detailed information and will compare Family tree maker software VS other genealogy software. Are you a genealogist? Are you looking for the best genealogy software? We in this blog have tried to explain why FTM is better than other software. So read this blog and decide for yourself.
If you are a genealogist and use any software then I am sure, you know what is Family Tree Maker Software. The user interface of Family Tree maker is better than other software. Un user can put detailed information
Family tree maker software
Family tree maker was acquired by Software MacKiev from Ancestry.com in 2016. It works best on Macintosh OS X 10.9 or later and Window 7 or later. Unfortunately, it is not available on any mobile devices yet. Users can not use free trials either.
The software allows you to build your family tree with attached photos and documents. It allows you to create charts, reports, timelines, and interactive maps. Family Tree maker also syncs with Ancestry.com, as a result, you can get hints to record on Ancestry.com.
You can search Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, and RootsWeb from within the program. In version 2017, get FamilySearch hints, search and merge. And version 2017’s FamilySync replaces TreeSync for synchronizing your tree with an Ancestry Member Tree.
There are a lot of great advantages that come with Family Tree Maker. Some of them are listed down below.
- You can copy and paste facts, along with related source citations, media items and notes, from one person to another.
- Source templates are organized by group and category.
- You can choose from many attractive chart options.
- Users can also easily publish your family tree on Ancestry.com, where it’s accessible to subscribers and people you invite.
- New tools that lets you restore faded photos and color-code people in your tree.
There are a couple of disadvantages to keep in mind.
- Poor source citations in reports.
- Can’t create reports for publishing on your own website.
- Some data doesn’t transfer properly when importing files from other genealogy software.
However, overall Family Tree Maker is great for users who like to create attractive family tree wall charts. It is really easy to handle too. It has a lot of advantages and has far better features in comparison to other genealogy software.
If you are still not able to decide, you can read our other blog. We have compared Family Tree Maker software with 5 other genealogy software. So you can decide and use the software as you need.