If you want to download Family Tree from FamilySearch, then you must go through this article. Here, you will find the simple steps for downloading Family Tree from FamilySearch on your device. So, move ahead, and in case of any trouble related to it, feel free to contact the well-trained FTM Technician for quick help.
Download Family Tree From FamilySearch
To download a Family Tree from FamilySearch, follow these steps:
- Go to the FamilySearch website (https://www.familysearch.org/).
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “Family Tree” tab at the top of the page.
- Navigate to the person you want to download the tree from.
- Click on the “Person” tab.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on “Tools”.
- Select “Export Tree” from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the file format you want to download the tree in (GEDCOM or CSV).
- Click on “Export”.
The Family Tree will be downloaded to your device in the format you selected.
Download Family Tree From FamilySearch With RootsMagic Software
- You have to, first of all, download the award-winning free genealogy software RootsMagic Essentials on your device. You can easily download it from the official website landing page of RootsMagic.
- After that, you will get directed to the welcome screen, and then you have to go to the option for creating a new file. Or you can just select the new option from the drop-down menu instantly.
- You have then to write down the file name in the given field. Next, you have to move ahead to the FamilySearch tree support. Also, in any case, if you are doing some additional research from this respective file then you can enable the web hints option.
- You will then find an empty family tree. You have to move ahead to the FamilySearch icon from the top of the respective window.
- Go to the login option, such as automatic future logins.
- After successfully logging in, you have to go to the import option. You will find many options there for importing the generation of your ancestry. So, depending on that, you can choose the option. Also, you can easily import the FamilySearch family tree of any relative in the FamilySearch if you have their personal ID.
- It will take some time to import all the data that you have requested. After doing so, the empty pedigree chart will get full.
- Now, you need to export the file. To do so, you need to move ahead to the file option and then have to move ahead to the export option.
- You have to then move ahead to the export file that would be included there.
- After that, you need to select the file saving path of the respective new file. Also, the file extension would be. GED, which is generally pronounced as GEDCOM and in reality, it is a GEDCOM file.
TIP: If you know anything about nonbiological lines of your ancestry but, unfortunately, they are missing from there, then in such case, you can simply remove them from RootsMagic in just no time.
Thus, after following the above steps, you can easily download Family Tree from FamilySearch on your device.
Need some help?
If you need any assistance related to Family Tree, then without giving it any other thought, you can quickly contact the Family Tree Experts for quick help. The technicians are available 24/7 hours to guide you, so reach them instantly to get rid of all such issues with the Family Tree. Call our FamilySearch Support Number at +1-888-257-3335.