Family Sync & Sync Error Report
In Addition, we will discuss Family Sync & Sync Error Report in Family Tree Maker Software. Need Help Contact our Family Tree Maker Experts Live chat.
Family Sync instead of Tree Sync is a feature on FTM 2017 & FTM 2019. It helps you to synchronize in a way that each Ancestry tree can now link to multiple FTM trees, so it is just no longer necessary to break an old link to download a tree to a second computer. Or a third.
If you have a laptop and a desktop, and you would like to take Family Tree Maker on the road with you, no problem. You can put your tree on both computers and synchronize them both to the same Ancestry tree.
Yes, at the same time. So, after you come back to your home, you will be just one sync away.
Family Sync & Sync Error Report for FTM 2017 and FTM 2019
Sending a Family Sync & Sync Error Report or Sync Error Log will help Mackiev to decide exactly what is causing the issue you are experiencing when using Family Sync.
The Family Sync Report dialog automates the sending of sync error reports, these reports get examine by Mackiev engineers for diagnostic purposes.
If you have repeat sync failures, make sure to send a sync error report using the instructions below, then visit Mackiev Chat Support to get further help.
How to generate and send a Sync Error Report for FTM 2017 or FTM 2019?
This article lays out three different ways to gather and send the sync error information.
- Using the Family Sync Report dialog
- Gathering the Sync Reports Manually (Windows)
- Gathering the Sync Reports Manually (Mac)
Using the Family Sync Report dialog
The easiest way is to generate and send a Sync Error Report is by the Family Sync Report dialog. This creates a report and sends it to Mackiev Support team automatically.
You can access the dialog in two ways:
- If an error occurs comes while synchronizing, the Family Sync Report dialog will open automatically. You just need to enter your name and email address and click the Send Sync Report.
- You can open the dialog at any time by choosing Send Sync Error Report from the Help
In the box, enter your name and email address, select a Time Range option, add a description of the problem, and then click the Send Sync Report button. If you are unsure of the period you should choose from the Time Range drop-down list, follow these recommendations:
- Most Recent: If a sync error occurred during your current or most recent sync.
- Last 1 Hour, Last 12 Hours, Last 24 Hours: If a sync error occurred during the period of Last 1 Hour, Last 12 Hours, Last 24 Hours.
- All Logs: If you are regularly experiencing sync errors and would like to send an extended report that includes all the sync logs on your computer.
Gathering the Sync Reports Manually – Windows
If you cannot use the automated Family Sync Report described above for any reason, there is a workaround that will allow you to gather the sync information from your computer manually and send it to us.
These are the steps you can follow:
- Press the Windows logo key + Esimultaneously on your keyboard to open File Exploreror Windows Explorer.
- Type or copy and paste %TEMP%in the address field in the Explorer window, as shown in the screenshot below, and then press the Enterkey:In the list of folders that appears, find the FTMfolder and double-click it to open it.
- In the FTMfolder, find all the files that mark “compressed (zipped) Folder” in the Typecolumn:
- Send all the ZIP files from the FTMfolder to Mackiev Chat using online upload page. If there are ZIP files, you need to upload them one by one.
If any of the ZIP files exceeds 100 MB, upload all of them to a Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. Then send them the link in a reply to the email you received from them.
The below are instructions on how to share files:
- Dropbox– click here to see the instructions for uploading files, and click here to see the instructions for sharing files.
- Google Drive– click here to see the instructions for uploading files, and click here to see the instructions for sharing files.
- OneDrive– click here to see the instructions for uploading files, and click here to see the instructions for sharing files.
Gathering the Sync Reports Manually – macOS
If you cannot use the automated Family Sync Report, you can gather the sync information from your computer manually and send it to them.
Follow the given steps:
- Find Family Tree Maker 2019 or FTM 2019 in the Applications
- Control-click the application and select Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
- Navigate to the following location: Contents/Frameworks/FTMSync.framework/Versions/A/Helpers
- Double-click the FTM Sync Error Reporting application to launch it.
- In a new window that opens, choose the tree in question, and click Create Report.
- Choose the location for the archive and click Save.
- Send the saved archive to us using our online upload page (click here).
- To add a file to the upload page, you can drag it directly from the FTM folder in File Explorer and drop it on the Browse
If there are archive files, you will need to upload them one by one.
If any of the archive files exceeds 100 MB (megabytes), please upload all of them to Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. Then send the link in a reply to the email you received from Mackiev Chat.
Instructions on how to share files on the free hosting websites mentioned above, please follow these links:
You can Contact us Family Tree Maker Support Number to get your issue resolved. We provide phone support 24×7. Family Tree Maker Support number is +1-888-299-3207. So, you can call for help.