In this article, We Will discuss about How To Correct Indexing Errors In Historical Records. If you want to edit incorrectly indexed names, dates, and places in historical records then must go through this article quickly. You can instantly edit them but before following the steps, you must be aware with some of the guidelines mentioned below:
- You don’t have to use this feature for adding name variations, nicknames or aliases. Instead of that, you need to use other information section for the same.
- Write down the details in the given field, for instance, if the image needs initial then you need to write down the initials carefully.
- If you have entered the wrong information on the image then you can easily correct it. For correcting it, choose wrong in the document option right away.
The Steps For Correct Index Errors In Historical Records Are As Follows:
1: You need to first of all, find out the incorrectly indexed record.
2: After that, you have to display the indexed content.
3: Go to the dark banner mentioned at the top and then choose edit or make a new edit option.
4: You need to go to edit option mentioned at the right of the field.
5: You have to then make the correction accordingly and then move to the image.
6: You need to then click and drag the image for creating the box properly.
7: You have to then move to some records and then apply the chance and choose save option.
- For editing or deleting the correction, choose edit icon.
- If you need to use the record for adding a person to family tree, you need to look for the name in the family tree.
- After making the correction, you need to properly attach the document for recording the ancestor in family tree.
In case of any troubles related to FamilySearch help, contact professionals right now. If you Need any Help you can Call us our FamilySearch Support Number +1-888-299-3207 or you can chat with our Experts.