If you want to move FTM on a MacBook 2023, then must go through this content right away. Here, you will find the simple steps to move FTM on a MacBook 2023. So, move ahead, and in case of any trouble, reach the experts on the toll-free number for any Family tree-related queries.
move FTM on a MacBook 2023
To back up a file in FTM, follow the steps as follows:
- You need to, first of all, open the tree that you are willing to move, and then after that, you need to go to the backup mentioned in the file menu on your device.
- After that, you need to select a location for saving the backup file. You have to then go to removable media if you need to save it to a USB flash drive or other removable media.
- Next, go to the include in the backup section, and then you need to choose the items that you need to have in the backup. After that, you need to make sure the media files checkbox has been selecting if you need to include your photos as well as other media.
- Also, if the current tree has been linked to an online tree on Ancestry.com, then you have to choose the allow the restored file to resume syncing checkbox. This will help in backing up the tree and automatically relink to the online tree when it is restored on your Mac.
- Go to the ok option, and then a backup file with a .ftmb extension will be instantly save to the location that you have specific. Also, if you want, you can easily move it to your Mac, and then you need to simply place it in an appropriate folder in the finder.
To restore a file from a backup in FTM, follow the steps as follows:
- You have to, first of all, open FTM, and then you need to go to the restore option from the file menu.
- After that, you need to go to the location of the backup file that you have created in FTM. You have to then choose it and then go to the open option.
- Also, if the backup file contains a tree that has been link to anyone on Ancestry.com, then the restore-additional options dialogue box will open there.
- You have to then go to the restore sync files checkbox and then go to the restore option.
- After that, the tree will be restore, and then you need to go to the sync icon mention in the upper-right corner.
- You have to go then to sync, now mention in the pop-up menu, so that the restore tree properly gets sync with the Ancestry tree.
Thus, after following the above steps, you can instantly move FTM on a MacBook 2023. In case of any issues related to it, you must contact the experts for Family Tree Maker Support for quick guidelines as well as solutions. Call our FTM Support Number at +1-888-257-3335, or you can Live Chat with our Experts.