Last updated on January 19th, 2024 at 10:32 pm
In this blog, you will explain the new Charting Companion 8. New Charting Companion 8 provides enhanced charting capabilities including color coding, DNA Matrix Chart or New feature.
New Charting Companion 8
To begin with, if you are also one of those users who have their DNA match results and are thinking. ‘Now what do I do?’ then you would be glad to know that Charting Companion 8 is the perfect place to get start. Charting Companion 8 provides enhanced charting capabilities, including colour coding, the DNA Matrix chart, and the Ancestors X-Chromosome chart, among many others.
Below, you can learn more about how DNA ties your family members together and get assistance setting priorities for DNA leads to follow; use the DNA Matches features to group potential cousins into branches of your family tree, and much more…
The New Features added in Charting Companion 8
- This option is to ‘pastel blend’ colours. It expands design options for a more attractive appearance.
- This feature is new, has an improved appearance, is more contemporary-looking, and is consistent with Mac.
Save Work in Progress
- Here, you have a new option to save an editable chart. That you are not entirely done with and would like to return to later. This indicates that you do not need to choose between being in a hurry to finish the layout and starting over again later.
Step-By-Step Setup Option
- This new optional wizard-style dialogue is more straightforward and has a more accessible interface for new users.
Some other new features
- You have accelerated graphics, which is helpful for large charts, 64-bit architecture, and Apple silicon compatibility.
What are the minimum system requirements needed for Charting Companion 8?
- For Windows: You would need Windows Vista, and later, this includes Windows 11, 133 MB hard disk space, and 800 x 600 resolution.
- For Mac: You will require macOS Sierra (10.12), and later, this includes macOS Ventura (13), 200 MB hard disk space, and 1024 x 768 resolution.
Keep in mind Family Tree Maker 2019 is required. You can easily import the tree files of other FTM versions as GEDCOM.
We hope you find the above information helpful and can decide without having any second thoughts about the ‘New Charting Companion 8’. Furthermore, if you need any Help, you can call us at our Family Tree Maker Support Number +1-888-257-3334, or you can Live Chat With our Family Tree Experts.
- Companion Guide Status for Family Tree Maker 2019
- Family Tree Maker Support Center – Charting Companion FAQ
- Charting Companion on Mac – Family Tree Maker Support Center
- Using the New Color Coding Features In Family Tree Maker 2019
- Features of Family Tree Maker – Family Tree Maker Technical Help!
- An Exciting Gift Collection Sale By MacKiev