If you are one of those users who have created a tree online on MyHeritage, you would like a copy of it on your computer and a backup, but you do not know how to do it. Then you have reached the right place, as here in this blog, you will learn how to Download a GEDCOM file from MyHeritage.
Download A GEDCOM File From MyHeritage:
Before you begin the process, you need to know a couple of things: in MyHeritage, the format of your tree is saved in GEDCOM (.GED), which is read by any genealogy software program. Therefore, if you want to transfer it to a desktop program or send a copy to a relative who uses something different, most importantly, you must make sure to take note of ‘WHERE’ it saves when you download the file. This is important to do. Otherwise, you would not know where to look for the file when needed.
The following are the Given steps to Export Tree
- It would be best if you started by going to MyHeritage.com.
- Then, you have to log into your family site.
- Next, you need to use your mouse to hover over the ‘Family Tree’ tab at the top and then click on the ‘Manage Trees’ option.
- Now, if you have multiple trees, they will all be list here; if not, you should see one at least.
- Afterwards, you should move to the right-hand side and click on the ‘Export to GEDCOM’ link on your relevant tree.
- It would be best to have a new window on your screen with a big orange button that says ‘Begin the Export’.
- After this, your file will generally be download to your ‘Downloads Folder’.
- While testing this, the download file change its name to a significant, lengthy, random number.GED, this is not what the file was call; hence, you should also keep this in mind when you look for the file.
- As suggested, you should rename the file to something you are familiar with and then move it to a ‘Genealogy’ or Backups folder; you will always know where to find it again whenever required.
Now you see that creating a GEDCOM file from MyHeritage is not hard at all. You just needed to know what and how to do it. In addition, when backing up your years of research, there is just no such thing as too many backups.
After you finish going through the steps above, you should be satisfied and ready to download a GEDCOM file from MyHeritage without any problem. But you can contact the experts here anytime if you encounter any issues. They will be available immediately to assist you according to your needs.
If you need any help, you can call us at our MyHeritage Family Tree Support Number at +1-888-257-3335, or you Can Live Chat with our Technician.