Are you trying to restore a tree in MyHeritage Family Tree Builder and are unable to do so? Then, you must be looking forward to the best guidance and solutions. If so, then you should know that you have finally found what you exactly need. In this blog, you will find the most accurate steps that will help you restore your tree in Family Tree Builder.
You have two ways to restore your family tree in Family Tree Builder; you can restore your tree using your computer or from the family website itself.
Follow The Instructions Carefully To Restore A Tree In the MyHeritage Tree Builder Program:
First of all, you need to know that Family Tree Builder creates a backup of your project automatically whenever it detects a need to do so. Whenever you make a significant change from a previously saved project version or before you perform a restore operation, Family Tree Builder creates a backup right away.
If you want, you could also save a backup copy manually. If you need more information, you can look up ‘How to backup my Family Tree Builder.
Furthermore, the backup is created by default in the ‘Backup’ folder of your project’s directory on your computer.
Now, to be able to restore a backup from there or from another place on your computer, if you manually saved a backup copy, then you should follow the steps below:
- You need to begin by opening Family Tree Builder software.
- And then, in the top menu bar, you need to click on the ‘File’ option and select the ‘Restore project’ button.
- Next, you will need to select to restore the project from a file on the disk.
- And now, you must choose the backup according to the date.
Suppose you want to restore the project that you saved manually outside the project’s folder. In that case, you should click on the ‘…’ icon right under the option that says, ‘Alternatively, you can also restore your project from a file that you save outside the project’s folder’. Now, you just need to browse for the file on your computer.
- However, if you only want to restore the tree that you are working on currently, then you should not change the name.
- If you have chosen to restore the file from the existing project, then you will see the following on your screen;
Click on ‘Next’
Now you should be all done with the above steps and also should be able to manage the same easily by yourself at any time. Nevertheless, if you face any problem or you have other related concerns, then you can always contact the Family Tree Support Number at +1-888-257-3335, Or you can Live Chat with our Experts.