If you want to create a GEDCOM file in the FamilySearch tree, you must go through this content immediately. Here, you will find the simple steps to prepare a GEDCOM file in the FamilySearch tree. So, move ahead, and in case of any related issues, then without any other thought, reach out to the experts of the GEDCOM file right now.
Create a GEDCOM file in the FamilySearch Tree.
Before submitting the family history information as a GEDCOM file, you must do a few preparation tasks;
- You must ensure that the names, dates, and places have been written the standard way.
- You need to make the notes that are ready to share publicly.
- Try to look for possible numbers.
- Try to check for duplicate individuals as well as sources.
- Make sure to look for a duplicate place name.
- You have to check for unattached individuals.
Thus, the following guidelines will help you with the names, dates, places, notes, and sources.
- It would be best if you wrote down the name and how it was spoken.
- Try not to write down anything in the name field rather than the name. Make sure not to write down the description like child, son, stillborn, twin, and others. Also, other information can be quickly recorded in the notes.
- If the name is not known, then in such cases, you need to leave the field blank.
- Try to put titles like King, JR, and others in the notes.
- If, after searching, you cannot determine the name of the wife, then you must write down Mrs., and the name of the husband must follow, as in Mrs. John Smith.
- You simply need to write down the place names, starting with the most minor geographical divisions. It will also end with the largest, for instance, in the city—country, state, and country. Also, make sure to divide the place names along with the commas.
- You have to write down then the unknown place name; thus, you need to leave a blank followed by a comma.
- For estimated place-name, we use the word of, for instance, as in of city, country, and state.
The Family Tree will allow you to write down the notes. So, you cannot able to upload the notes to it with a GEDCOM;
You can write down the notes manually;
- You need just to write down the information that supports, explains, and elaborates on the information given to an individual.
- Make sure that all the notes are clear,; you have to understand someone who doesn’t know anything about your family.
- It would be best if you made sure that the notes about the living people have been marked as confidential.
Photos, stories, and documents;
The Family Tree will allow you to write down the photos stories, documents and memories simply. So, you cannot simply upload them to it with a GEDCOM.
The Family Tree will allow you to attach the sources simply. So, you cannot simply upload the sources to the Family Tree at a GEDCOM well.
Need some help?
If you are still facing some issues while Creating a GEDCOM file in the FamilySearch family tree without any other thought, reach out to the experts right now. You need to tell them about the queries well so that the experts can guide you with 100% quick and instant help related to GEDCOM. You can call us at our family tree support number +1-888-257-3335, or you can Live chat with our experts.