Last updated on December 2nd, 2022 at 06:08 am
In Addition, we will discuss how to Create a FamilySearch Account. If you have an account with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you can sign in to FamilySearch.org directly with the same username and password as your Church Account.
FamilySearch is a website we recommend if you want to use free service for ancestor research. You can also create a FamilySearch family tree. There is an age limit to using the FamilySearch Account. One must be at least 13 years old to create an account. However, if you are under 13 years, you can create an account with parental permission. To register for the Family Search Account, each person should register using a separate email address or cell phone number. Again, it helps to recover a forgotten username or password.
Create FamilySearch Account On The Website.
- Visit FamilySearch.org; on the upper right corner, click on the tab “Create Account.”
- Enter your First and Last name with your birth date and click on “Continue.”
- Select the option (I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Use my record information to help me get started.) if you are a member. It would require a Church record number.
- You can find your Church record number.
- Enter your Church record number and click on “Continue.”
If the username is already in use, you get the available choices for the username like your desired one beneath the field. You can click one of the available usernames to choose it or enter a different username.
It is essential to select a recovery choice and enter the required information. For example, you can enter an email address or a cell phone number to have your account recovered when you forget your password. The recovery choice allows you to activate your account and recover your username and password if you forget them. If you enter your cell phone number and your country is not in the drop-down list, you should use a recovery email address. After it, you can click on Create Account. After you create your account in FamilySearch, you must activate your account.
Activate The Account:
- To activate the FamilySearch account after successfully creating it, you must log in to the email account you used to create the account.
- You will find an email from FamilySearch with the instructions to activate the account.
- If you have not received the email from FamilySearch, click on Resend. If you get more than one verification email, use the most recent one.
- You must use the laptop or desktop computer to activate the FamilySearch account. Because sometimes, the activation link in the email does not work correctly on a cell phone or tablet.
- If you are using your cell phone to activate the FamilySearch account, go to the text message section on your cell phone, and search for the text message with the verification code. Then, you can Enter that code into the Enter Code Here field. And then Click on Submit.
- If you did not receive the text message on your phone, click on Resend.
Browser Issue While Creating And Activating FamilySearch Account
- Use well-known browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
- While creating a Family Search account, if you get the error “We believe this account already exists,” you must have already made a Family Search account. You can recover your account by resetting the password.
- If the error “The cell phone number that you entered is already used in an account” comes up, you must have created an account, and you need to recover it.
- “This Church record number is already used in an account.” This error also talks about you already have an account with your Church record number. So, try to recover your account.
You can Contact us Family Tree Maker Support Number to get your issue resolved. We provide phone support 24×7. Family Tree Maker Support Number is +1-888-299-3207. So, you can call for help.