In this blog, You will find out how to Upgrade Family Tree Maker 1995/2005. You can upgrade Family Tree Maker 1995 and Family tree maker 2005 to the Latest Version Family Tree Maker 2019, if the tree file is convertible.
Steps to Upgrade Family Tree Maker to the latest one
- Launch your current Family Tree Maker
- On the top left, click on “Help”.
- Then click on “About Family Tree Maker”.
- You will get the current Family Tree Maker Version with the build number, make a note of it.
- Check if you can find the backup of the tree files.
- Click on the “File” on the top left of the Family Tree Maker console.
- Click on “export” and export it to the flash drive on your desktop.
- Once you export the file to external media or the desktop of your pc, right click on the file (for windows pc) and click on properties.
- In the properties box, you will find out the extension of the file.
- Contact the FTM Support Team to get help on converting the file extension to the current format.
How to Install Family Tree Maker?
- First buy the latest Family Tree Maker software from the mackiev.com
- You will receive the download delivery instruction on the email with the download link.
- Click on the link and download the setup file on the computer
- Once the file is in the download, double click on the file to start the installation.
- Once you Install the software, you will find the icon for latest Family Tree Maker 2019 on the computer desktop.
- Click on the icon and launch the software.
- Register your copy under your name, email, and home address.
- For any help on upgrade and file conversion, contact the Family Tree Maker Support Number to speak to an expert.
- Please do take a note, the phone and remote support service is a premium service which requires user to sign it up first before getting the support on the upgrade and file conversion.
Also read – how to rename a tree in family tree maker?