How to Move a Tree from FTM 2014 for Windows to FTM 2017 on Mac?
If you are searching for solutions on how to move a tree from Family Tree Maker 2014 from Windows to FTM 2017 on Mac. Then this is just the perfect blog for you to get started with the procedure. Here you will definitely find all the topmost solutions at one stop. You’ve only got to read along with the blog and follow the instructions as you are guided to get an accurate result.
Go to open the tree on your computer that you would like to move to. Then choose the ‘Backup’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Next, you need to choose a proper location for saving the backup file then give a click on the ‘Removable media’ tab if you would like to save your file to a USB drive or you can also choose other removable media of your choice.
This is how the Backup will look like;
- Now in the ‘Include in backup’ section, you need to select the items that you would like in the backup.
- You also got to make sure that the checkbox of the ‘Media files’ is selected if you would like to include your photos and other media.
- If you find that the current tree has been linked to an online tree on Ancestry.com. Then you need to select the ‘Allow restored file to resume syncing’ checkbox.
- Doing so will allow you to have the backed-up tree to re-link automatically to the online tree when it gets stored on your Mac. After which you have to click on OK.
- After that, the backup file with the .ftmb extension will get saved to the specified location.
- Now finally you can move the backup file to your Mac computer (E.g.: a USB drive) and then place it in a proper folder in the ‘Finder’
How to restore a file from a backup in Family Tree Maker 2017?
- Go to open FTM 2017 on your Mac, and then choose the ‘Restore’ option from the File menu.
- Then you need to go to the location of the backup file that you created in your FTM 2014. You need to select it and give a click on ‘Open’
- Now if the backup file contains a tree that has been linked to the one on Ancestry.com, after which the ‘Restore-Additional Options’ dialog will open.
You now got to select the ‘Restore sync files’ checkbox, after that give a click on the ‘Restore’ button.
- Then when you’re tree is restored, go to click on the sync icon that is in the upper-right corner. Now choose the Sync Now from the pop-up menu, making sure that the restored tree is properly synced with the Ancestry tree.
The above-mentioned method is absolutely effective to help Move a tree from FTM 2014 for Windows to FTM 2017 on Mac. However, if you face any problem in doing the same then you can call the experts at Family Tree Maker Support Number right away. The techs here are highly trained to give you the best solutions that are reliable4 to solve the issues encountered.