This blog explains if you lose your Family Tree Maker 2017 icon from windows 10 computer. What to do to fix it.
Please follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- Check if your computer still has program installed. You may not be able to see the icons if you type Family Tree maker. Press the windows key on your keyboard and press R key together. It will bring “Run” box. Please type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
- This will show you list of the program listed in your computer. Please check if you see Family Tree Maker 2017 there in the list.
- If you see the program, then press windows key once and start typing FTM.exe. it will show you the list of software that you can click on.
- Please click on FTM2017.exe and press install. The software will ask you if you have your Family tree files in back up mode or not in back up mode. Please do keep your back up as some time the software may get locked to open infected Family tree files. Since the software is already installed it will ask you if you want to remove the program or repair it.
- Please select repair, this process will take 2 to 5 minutes and your Family tree maker software will be restore the way it was. This is the easiest way to repair your family tree maker software. Please remember
Note: after repairing you may need to restart the computer and then try to open the software and brows your trees. If you are getting an error “file not found” or file could not be opened. Please contact our Family tree maker service team and try to get a technician to help you with this situation.
Author Name – Andy Smith