FTM 2017 has 3 versions so far
- FTM 2017 Version 23.0 Build 343 – Originally this version was launched.
- FTM 2017 Version 23.1 Build 480 – the First update was launched
- FTM 2017 Version 23.2 Build 540 – Second update
The latest update for Family Tree Maker 2017 is version 23.2 update build 540. It is recommended for all the users who are using Family Tree Maker 2017. It has many required improvements which also includes important connectivity adjustments to make sure the recent changes made by Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.
It, however, requires the Family Tree Maker Version 23.0 build 343 or Family Tree Maker Version 23.1 build 480. It is recommended to have Family Tree Maker 2017 Version 23.2 build 540.
What you get in latest Version 23.2 build 540 (18.104.22.1680) update for Windows: –
- New Browser – There is a new secure browser instead od obsolete Internet Explorer 11 browser in the Web Search. The new update also removes the compatibility issues with Ancestry and FamilySearch and gives faster Web Search.
- Faster Results – Ancestry media is downloaded during the Web Merge process and no longer cached in the background. Which results in faster browsing of ancestry search results.
- Categories and Collection List Issues – In the new update, the categories and collection issues are fixed in this update.
- Blank List – The problem where a blank list of ancestry was shown is fixed.
- File Not Found – The error in getting the personal details for family search is fixed.
- Imperfect Tree – Sync reliability improvement is done and hence the forgiving of imperfect trees and to close the errors related to sync is fixed on the continual basis.
- Duplicate Issues – In this update, the sync failure issue and duplicate creation issue is fixed with ancestry.
- Media Issues – You are not going to use the adjuster utility when unsyncable HTML media keep appearing in each sync attempt.
- Merging Tree – The problem comes up when using the add individuals without merging option and lost tasks, task categories, private attributes for facts and notes are fixed.
- Migration Path and Source Media – Stability issues have been sorted out and map issue are also been taken care of. The problem of unrelated media is also been fixed.
Must read our previous blog on “how to prepare for family sync 101“