This blog has the solutions for the Fix error displaying tree family view. So if you are one of those users. And you are receiving an error message while attempting to view a tree in family view. Then you must be facing this issue due to the relationship in your tree.
This issue mostly occurs when the people in a tree are listed as marrying people to whom they are related to.
The difference between a Family view and the pedigree view: Fix error displaying tree
The tree in a family view has ancestors that extend upward and the descendants extend downward.
Now the tree in a pedigree view has descendants extended to the left and the ancestors are extended to the right side.
So when people are having two roles in a family. Family tree tries inserting them into both the roles. Then in the family view, you will get the result as either the ‘appearance of duplicates. In a tree or an error when displaying the tree together. So when an error occurs. You can opt to either switch the tree to a pedigree view. You can just adjust the relationships in the tree. so in this way, you will have the members related all in one way only.
How to switch to a pedigree view?
In case you do not have any mistakes in the relationships and you would like to keep your tree just as it is. Then you can do so only by switching the tree to a pedigree view. All you’ve got to do is select the pedigree view by giving a click on the link that is in the error message or by just selecting the pedigree view button that is on the left side.
Follow the steps that are mentioned below properly to fix the family tree view:
- Firstly, go to your tree, and then click on the ‘View the pedigree’ link or the pedigree button that is on the left side.
- Then you need to click on a person whose relationship you would like to change. So to be able to find them in your tree, you got to click the ‘Tree Search’, you will see the way in the top right corner.
- Now after you have clicked on the person you will have a menu displaying on the screen, there you need to click on the ‘Profile’
- At the top right corner of the respective profile page. You have to click on the ‘Edit’ button and then select the ‘Edit Relationships’
- After that right next to the relationship option. You will have to choose to disconnect for which you must click on ‘X’ you should know that detaching two people from each other does not remove any person from your tree; it only removes the connection that is between the two of them. If you find that a person is listed as the mother of the other. And that their relationship was disconnected. Then the mother would no longer appear as a parent for that particular child. And also the child will no longer appear as a descendant of the mother.
- And now finally from the menu that appears on the screen. you would have to give a click on the ‘Remove’ button.
We hope, you are satisfied with the solutions for Fix error displaying tree. You were able to get all the concerned issues resolved. But if not, then you must contact the technicians’ provided.